Saturday 28 May 2011

Android Battery Issues


Greetings, If you are reading this post then probably you are also facing battery issues on your phone just like I used to.
This post is very useful for all Android users, it will teach you how to save more battery on your phone and optimize it.

Note:  This post is little inclined to HTC phones. But most of the tips are general and can be followed on other phones also.

Tips to save battery
1) Brightness: Reduce the brightness of the phone to the minimum visible level, this helps A LOT to save battery.

2)Vibrate: Do not keep the phone on vibrate mode, this one thing which eats your battery most and also reduces the battery life.

3)Animation: If your phone has any animation features like it animates when you click on menu button then turn it off completely. (HTC phones does have this animation feature)

4)2G network: Most of the cities in India still doesn't have 3G network. Even if they have then the tariff rates are way too much. In case you are not using 3G network then switch your phone to 2G network only. Your phones tries to search for 3G network when it is idle and it consumes battery.

5)Black Background: Try to use black wallpaper as your home screen background, it helps!

6)Screen Timeout: Set your screen timeout to the minimum.

7)Turn off your WiFi/Bluetooth/GPS/Auto Sync when you don't need them. (Highly recommended)

8)Turn off the haptic feedback. (HTC phone feature)

9) Turn off the option "vibrate when you type".

10)Download "Advance Task Killer" from Android market, it helps to kill the apps which are running in background (Although many people argue that task killer is waste)

11)Mobile Network: Turn off your mobile network when you are not using it.

12) Download  Green Power: Facing battery back-up issue on your phone? Charging phone every 20 hours? Then this app is very useful. Just download it and run it and forget about charging phone. A must for every Android user

P.S: Earlier I had to charge my phone within 24 hours. But after applying the above changes, I can use my phone for almost 48 hours without charging. :)

Hope you find it useful. If any doubt then please feel free to comment.

6 comments:

  1. hey dude....i have had my wild fire 3days back and i find the ph pretty good..i have done all the settings that u mentioned on the first day when i bought it..anyways that was really a good piece of advice...anyways,i use lot of internet on my ph..when i run the ph on internet for abt half an hr my battery drops a bit from its full charge...i find this bad cos may be when i use it for abt an hr i may have to charge my ph twice a day...with minimal net usage i charge only once a day..but when i use net for 1hr i have to charge it twice a day..plz help me with this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anurag, I am glad that my post is helping you. Regarding your query, I am still doing some research but meanwhile you can install this app. It claims that it saves battery and I also read reviews of people.
    http://www.appbrain.com/app/juicedefender-plus/com.latedroid.juicedefender.plus
    For awhile use this app, I will by the time get a solution for you.:)

    And please post my blog on your wall so that it can be helpful to more people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks dude....will try that...yeahh sure..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anurag, I downloaded another software Green Power. This thing is AWESOME man. IT SAVES A LOT BATTERY, it is better than juicedefender. Here is the link


    http://www.appbrain.com/app/green-power-free-battery-saver/org.gpo.greenpower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I bought HTC wildfire s on past week.Phone battery life is 5-6 hours.I have to charge often in the same day.I installed the app Android booster.I did not feel any difference. And i did the above mentioned things..Can anyone help how to improve battery life?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prakash, in my previous comment, you can see i have shared a app. Download it, its very useful

    ReplyDelete